Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is ideal for individuals who wish to deepen their understanding of spirits and liqueurs through flexible online study.
Learn about spirits and liqueurs through a 5-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 2 Award in Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course in a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you take the exam in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How spirits are made
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality
- The major global spirits brands
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Online tastings on eight general styles of spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/spirits/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Whisky" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £309 only (£299 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 5 weeks with a minimum of 6 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 5-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date)
Suggested Study Time: 28 hours in total + revision time
Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- Saturday 04/05/2019 – Friday 07/06/2019 (registration closed)
- Saturday 22/06/2019 – Friday 26/07/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 30/09/2019 – Sunday 02/11/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 18/11/2019 – Sunday 22/12/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 06/01/2020 – Sunday 06/02/2020 (registration closed)
- Monday 16/03/2020 – Sunday 19/04/2020 (registration closes on 9 March 2020)
- Monday 11/05/2020 – Sunday 14/06/2020 (registration closes on 1 May 2020)
- Monday 29/06/2020 – Sunday 02/08/2020 (registration closes on 22 June 2020)
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible course even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to your address) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£15).
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits (Online)
- The price includes the UK VAT (20%).
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack to you for free if you are living in the UK. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process. We'll send you the materials by post nonetheless. For overseas participants, please choose "Click & Collect", we will send you a payment link via PayPal separately for the shipping charge (15 GBP).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com