Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our ONLINE courses are running as usual
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This e-Learning course is ideal for individuals who wish to deepen their understanding of spirits and liqueurs through flexible online study.
Learn about spirits and liqueurs through a 5-week e-Learning programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 2 Award in Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course in a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator assigned by the WSET headquarters.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course is conducted online. You may take the exam online (at home for an extra £30) or in person (for free) on a date of your choice at our venue in London. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How spirits are made
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality
- The major global spirits brands
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Online tastings on eight general styles of spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples, or buy here)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/spirits/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Whisky" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £309 only
Course Duration: 5 weeks with a minimum of 6 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 5-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.)
Suggested Study Time: 30 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 6 working days (i.e. 9 calendar days) in advance of your chosen course start date):
- O2SP2107APP: 21 June - 25 July 2021
- O2SP2201APP: 9 August - 12 Sept 2021
- O2SP2202APP: 4 October - 7 November 2021
- O2SP2203APP: 29 November 2021 - 2 January 2022
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option even if your chosen course is still listed on this website. As it takes time to send out the course materials, please register as soon as you can.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your one-on-one exam by email when you're ready. Your exam must be taken online (for an extra £30) or in person (for free) at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements. You can now book your online exam here.
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to your address) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your Study Pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to a UK address. If you are living outside of the UK, there is an additional overseas postage (£20).
Spirits Samples: not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 32 sample-sized spirits (20ml each) for an additional 148.90 GBP (instead of the regular price of 154.90 GBP) (UK/EU shipping included - please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery of the spirits samples) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits (Online Course)
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to you for free if you are living in the UK. For overseas participants, there'll be an additional overseas postage (20 GBP).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com