During the COVID-19 outbreak, our ONLINE courses are running as usual
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
About the Course
Gain an extensive understanding of wines through a 9-week e-Learning programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through an Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of an educator assigned by the WSET headquarters. Please note that the exam is to be completed in person at our school in London (not online).
This official e-Learning course is designed by the WSET headquarters to develop your ability to describe wine accurately and account in detail for the style, quality and price of wines.
As you work through the course you'll be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking in detail at the influences that affect each wine style and sharing tasting notes.
Once the booking is confirmed, you'll have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 9 weeks of guided study.
You must hold WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (& Spirits) - please take our Direct Entry Test if you'd like to be admittedly directly
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to make authoritative recommendations
- How to taste wines and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Online tastings on 12 general styles of wines (students to provide their own samples - or buy here)
The course is delivered over 9 weeks with a minimum of 10 hours study per week (= 90 hours) recommended. You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 9-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.
Suggested Study Time: 90 hours on the eLearning modules + extra time for revision time
Bonuses (Free Extra Resources):
- an exam technique & study strategy workshop after the e-Learning course
- revision sessions on Zoom before your theory exam
- a tasting bootcamp on the day of your tasting exam
- unlimited study support by email
- further exercises & mock exams
- access to exclusive industry discounts and deals
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 6 working days (i.e. 9 calendar days) in advance of the course start date):
- O3WI2114APP: 8 March - 9 May 2021
- O3WI2108APP: 22 March - 23 May 2021
- O3WI2115APP: 5 April - 6 June 2021
- O3WI2109APP: 19 April - 20 June 2021
- O3WI2116APP: 3 May - 4 July 2021
- O3WI2110APP: 17 May - 18 July 2021
- O3WI2111APP: 7 June - 8 August 2021
- O3WI2112APP: 28 June - 29 August 2021
- O3WI2117APP: 12 July - 12 Sept 2021
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option. As it takes time to send out the course materials, please register as soon as you can.
Course fee: £525 only
There will be an exam of 2 parts after the course. In order to pass the exam, you should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 90 hours to study time. You'll be provided with a study pack (a textbook + a workbook) once you sign up for the course. Please make sure that you read the textbook thoroughly prior to commencing the course.
Theory Exam: a 2-hour closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and 4 questions requiring short written answers;
Tasting Exam: a blind tasting of two wines in 30 minutes
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your 1-on-1 exam by email when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to you) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your Study Pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to a UK address. If you are living outside of the UK, there is an additional overseas postage (£30).
Wine Samples: not provided but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 64 sample-sized wines (20ml each) for an additional 244.90 GBP (instead of the regular price of 259.90 GBP) (UK/international shipping included; post-Brexit customs duties excluded for UK-based students) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format (yet suspended during the pandemic). See "VSF School" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (Online Course)
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to you for free if you are living in the UK. For overseas participants, an overseas postage (30 GBP) is automatically added to the total.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org