- A high-level online wine course, ideal for professionals working in the wine industry as well as serious wine enthusiasts.
- Participants must hold either WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or Level 2 Award in Wines - please contact us if you'd like to be considered for direct admission
- The course and the examination will be conducted in English
- The price includes WSET's official study materials, online tuition, examination and postage
- 2 x FREE tickets (worth up to £90 in total) for our wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on wines that can be used in your wine study
- Course fee: £535 only (£515 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 9 weeks of guided study.
About the Course
Gain an extensive understanding of wines through a 9-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through an Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of an educator. Please note that the exam is to be completed in person in our school in London (and not online).
This course is designed to develop your ability to describe wine accurately and account in detail for the style, quality and price of wines.
As you work through the course you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking in detail at the influences that affect each wine style and sharing tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 12 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to make authoritative recommendations
- How to taste wines and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- A one-day Tasting Tutorial (this is not online and is to be attended in person)
- Online tastings on 12 general styles of wines (students to provide their own samples)
The course is delivered over 9 weeks with a minimum of 10 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course. You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 9-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date.
Suggested Study Time: 90 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days before the course start date):
- O3WI2007APP - 16 March - 17 May 2020 (registration closed)
- O3WI2008APP - 13 April - 14 June 2020 (registration closes on 6 April 2020 4pm UK time)
- O3WI2009APP - 11 May - 12 July 2020 (registration closes on 30 April 2020 4pm UK time)
- O3WI2010APP - 25 May - 26 July 2020 (registration closes on 15 May 2020 4pm UK time)
- O3WI2011APP - 8 June - 9 August 2020 (registration closes on 29 May 2020 4pm UK time)
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible course even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
IMPORTANT: There will be an exam of 2 parts after the course. In order to pass the exam, you should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 90 hours to study time. You'll be provided with a study pack (with a textbook and a workbook) once you sign up for the course. Please make sure that you read the textbook thoroughly prior to commencing the course.
Theory Exam: a 2-hour closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and 4 questions requiring short written answers;
Tasting Exam: a blind tasting of two wines in 30 minutes
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to your address) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your Study Pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£20).
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "Learn" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (Online Course)
- The price includes the UK VAT (20%).
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to you for free if you are living in the UK. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process. We'll send you the materials by post nonetheless. For overseas participants, please choose "Click & Collect", we will send you a payment link via PayPal separately for the shipping charge (20 GBP).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org