[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our ONLINE courses are running as usual]
Update (2/6): Due to popular demand, we've added an extra course, starting on 6 July 2020.
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is a great starting point for the beginner spirits enthusiast, or those working with spirits.
Learn about spirits through a 4-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 1 Award in Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator assigned by the WSET headquarters.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you may take the exam online or in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- Online tasting of six spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples, or buy here)
- How to serve spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the spirits/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Whisky" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £109 only (£99 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 4 weeks with a minimum of 3 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 4-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.)
Suggested Study Time: 6 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- O1SI2004APP: 6 July – 2 Aug 2020 (registration closed)
- O1SI2101APP: 7 Sep – 4 Oct 2020 (registration closes on 31 Aug 2020 3pm UK time)
Please make sure that you book before the closing date + time stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your one-on-one exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken online or in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: All study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos) are provided online.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). There Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post.
Spirits Samples: not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 9 sample-sized spirits (20ml each) for an additional 44.90 GBP (UK/international shipping included) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits (Online Course)
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). There Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org