Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is a great starting point for the beginner spirits enthusiast, or those working with spirits.
Learn about spirits through a 4-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 1 Award in Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you take the exam in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- Online tasting of six spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
- How to serve spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the spirits/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Whisky" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £109 only (£99 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 4 weeks with a minimum of 3 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 4-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date)
Suggested Study Time: 6 hours in total + revision time
Course Dates (please register at least 7 days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- Saturday 04/05/2019 – Friday 31/05/2019 (registration closed)
- Saturday 08/06/2019 – Friday 05/07/2019 (registration closed)
- Saturday 29/06/2019 – Friday 26/07/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 09/09/2019 – Sunday 06/10/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 06/01/2020 – Sunday 02/02/2020
- Monday 01/06/2020 – Sunday 28/06/2020
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: All study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos) are provided online.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to any address in the world.
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits (Online)
- The price is inclusive of the UK VAT (20%).
- We're happy to send the certificate and lapel pin to you for free if you are living in the UK. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process. We'll send you the materials by post nonetheless.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (coming soon)
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com