[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our ONLINE courses are running as usual]
Update (21/5): Due to popular demand, we have now added an extra L1 course starting on 20 July 2020
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is the perfect entry point to the world of wine. Ideal for the beginner wine enthusiast, or those starting a career in wine or hospitality.
Learn about wines through a 4-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator assigned by the WSET headquarters.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you may take the exam online or in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples - or buy here)
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Vin" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £109 only (£99 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 4 weeks with a minimum of 3 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 4-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.)
Suggested Study Time: 6 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- O1WI2007APP - Monday 25/05/2020 – Sunday 21/06/2020 (registration closed)
- O1WI2006APP - Monday 29/06/2020 – Sunday 26/07/2020 (registration closed)
- New! O1WI2008APP - Monday 20/07/2020 – Sunday 16/08/2020 (registration closes on 13 July 2020 3pm UK time)
- O1WI2101APP: 7 Sep - 4 Oct 2020 (registration closes on 31 Aug 2020 3pm UK time)
- O1WI2102APP: 9 Nov - 6 Dec 2020 (registration closes on 2 Sept 2020 3pm UK time)
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your one-on-one exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken online or in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arragements.
Course Materials: All study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos) are provided online.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post.
Wine Samples: not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 6 sample-sized wines (20ml each) for an additional 29.90 GBP (UK/international shipping included) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later?Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "VSF School" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (Online Course)
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org