[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our ONLINE courses are running as usual]
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is the perfect entry point to the world of wine. Ideal for the beginner wine enthusiast, or those starting a career in wine or hospitality.
Learn about wines through a 4-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator assigned by the WSET headquarters.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course is conducted online. You may take the exam online (at home for an extra £30) or in person (at our venue in London for free) on a date of your choice. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples - or buy here)
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Vin" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £129 only
Course Duration: 4 weeks with a minimum of 3 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 4-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.)
Suggested Study Time: 6 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 6 working days (i.e. 9 calendar days) in advance of your chosen course start date):
- O1WI2119APP: 8 Feb - 7 Mar 2021
- O1WI2104APP: 22 Feb - 21 Mar 2021
- O1WI2120APP: 1 Mar - 28 Mar 2021
- O1WI2111APP: 15 Mar - 11 April 2021
- O1WI2121APP: 22 Mar - 18 April 2021
- O1WI2112APP: 5 April - 2 May 2021
- O1WI2122APP: 12 April - 9 May 2021
- O1WI2105APP: 26 April - 23 May 2021
- O1WI2123APP: 3 May - 30 May 2021
- O1WI2113APP: 17 May - 13 June 2021
- O1WI2124APP: 31 May - 27 June 2021
- O1WI2114APP: 7 June - 4 July 2021
- O1WI2125APP: 21 June - 18 July 2021
- O1WI2106APP: 28 June - 25 July 2021
- O1WI2126APP: 5 July - 1 August 2021
- O1WI2115APP: 19 July - 15 August 2021
- O1WI2127APP: 26 July - 22 August 2021
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your one-on-one exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken online (for an extra £30) or in person (at our venue in London) within 1 year , on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Course Materials: All study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos) are provided online.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living outside of the UK, there is an additional overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post.
Wine Samples: not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 10 sample-sized wines (20ml each) for an additional 44.90 GBP (instead of the regular price of 49.90 GBP) (UK/international shipping included; post-Brexit customs duties excluded for UK-based students) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "VSF School" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (Online Course)
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, there'll be an additional overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org