Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This online course is the perfect entry point to the world of wine. Ideal for the beginner wine enthusiast, or those starting a career in wine or hospitality.
Learn about wines through a 4-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 4 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you take the exam in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Vin" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £109 only (£99 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 4 weeks with a minimum of 3 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 4-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date)
Suggested Study Time: 6 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- O1WI2004APP - Monday 24/02/2020 – Sunday 22/03/2020 (registration closed)
- O1WI2005APP - Monday 04/05/2020 – Sunday 31/05/2020 (registration closes on 27 April 2020)
- O1WI2006APP - Monday 29/06/2020 – Sunday 26/07/2020 (registration closes on 22 June 2020)
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible course even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arragements.
Course Materials: All study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos) are provided online.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post.
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "Learn" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (Online)
- The price is inclusive of the UK VAT (20%).
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). The Study Pack will be viewable online and will not be sent by post. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org