[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our classroom courses are suspended until further notice. Please consider our ONLINE courses instead, which are running as usual]
The "WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits" course is a great starting point for those interested in exploring (and tasting) different styles of spirits in a single day. By completing a short multiple-choice question paper, you will even gain a recognised qualification in spirits to impress your friends and (future) employers!
- Around 10 spirits will be tasted as part of the course
- Small class size (typically 6-8 persons in a class)
- 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for our wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the spirits used in class
- Taught by a WSET Certified Educator
- Ideal for those pursuing an interest in spirits
- No previous experience of spirits tasting is necessary to register on this course
- The course duration is 20% longer than the WSET's official recommendation
- The price includes WSET's official study materials, tuition, examination and postage
- The course includes a one-hour revision session
- Course fee: £188 only (£178 per person for two or more persons booking together)
IMPORTANT: You must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old) to attend this course.
An exam comprising 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes will be held at the end of the course. The course and the examination will be conducted in English.
1-Day Course (9:30-17:30, including the exam)
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we do not have any fixed course dates yet. However, if you are interested in taking the next classroom course, please drop us a message (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can inform you of the details once they are available. You may also consider taking the ONLINE version of this course, which has exactly the same syllabus.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- Online tasting of six spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
- How to serve spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Course Materials: All study materials will be provided on the day of the course and hence will not be sent by post in advance.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10).
From Zero to Hero (WSET Levels 1 + 2 Award in Spirits): £587 only (save £40; original price: £627) for one person, or £557 per person only for 2 or more persons booking together (save £40 per person; original price: £597 per person). Please choose the date for your Level 1 course during registration. You may take Level 2 within 12 months (open-dated) after completion of your Level 1 course.
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
We also offer this course in the online "e-Learning" format. Please check out "VSF School" > "Spirits Courses" for details and registration.
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits (1-Day Weekend Course)
- We're happy to send the WSET certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to you for free to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). All study materials will be provided on the day of the course and hence will not be sent by post in advance. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com