For students who completed a WSET Level 1 or Level 2 in Wines/Sake/Spirits course with VSF Wine Education only.
Students enrolled in the WSET Level 1/2 in Wines/Sake/Spirits course have the option to take their exams online at home via Remote Invigilation. Currently, online exams are not available for WSET Level 3 qualifications.
Candidates will take the exam on a computer in a secure environment from their home.
What is computer-based testing via remote invigilation?
Computer-Based Testing via Remote Invigilation (RI) will enable you to take your exam in an invigilated environment from your home where you will be monitored via a webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device (e.g. a smartphone) during your exam. A video explaining this in more detail can be found here: https://youtu.be/DarWJz6dUbU
- Please add email@example.com to your email’s approved senders list on the email account.
- Be sure your default web browser is set to Chrome.
- You may want to set up the room where you plan to take your exam the day before. You cannot have maps, study materials of any kind, paper, pencil or watch during the exam. This is a closed book exam.
- WSET will send an email with the exam link 48-72 hours prior to your exam. You will not be able to start your exam before the scheduled time.
- Plan to be ready at least 30 minutes in advance as once the time is up for your exam your link will expire, and you will not be able to access it. Check that your computer and smartphone are fully charged.
- You will need to show your photo ID at the beginning of the exam so have it ready. The name on your email must match the name in the systems check email from WSET. If it does not, please contact us right away.
WSET will send an email asking you to do a systems check 10 days before the exam. Please be sure to do this as soon as possible so any technical issues can be addressed in advance.
Exam Date & Time
Please let us know a date and time of your choice (any day of the year, except any of the Unavailable Dates listed below) with at least 22 days of notice (3 weeks + 1 day):
- Example 1: Exam Date: 26 March / Cutoff: 4 March
- Example 2: Exam Date: 6 April / Cutoff: 15 March
- Example 3: Exam Date: 18 April / Cutoff: 27 March
Unavailable Dates for Online Exams:
- Good Friday, Friday 2nd April 2021
- Easter Sunday, Sunday 4th April 2021
- Easter Monday, Monday 5th April 2021
- Kings Day, Tuesday 27th April, 2021
- Liberation Day, Wednesday, 5th May 2021
- Pentecost, Sunday 23rd May, 2021
- Pentecost Monday, Monday 24th May 2021
- Christmas Day, Saturday 25th December 2021
- Boxing Day, Sunday 26th December 2021
Exam Start Time (UK Time):
The exam can be taken around the clock, so you can even take the exam at midnight if you so desire :) However, you must determine the exact exam start time at the time of booking.
Changes or Cancellations
Once the exam date and exam start time are determined, it is no longer possible to make changes.
Why is there a 30 GBP surcharge for an online exam?
This surcharge is collected for using the remote invigilation service provided by a third-party company. This applies to online exams only. If you sit the paper-based exam in person at our school, there is no extra fee to be paid.
Is it obligatory to take the exam online?
No. It is possible to take the paper-based exam in person at our London location as long as we are open and staffed. During the national lockdown, we can run paper-based exams on most Thursday afternoons and Fridays.
For any other information, or if you would like to book a paper-based in-person exam, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org