[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our ONLINE courses are running as usual] Due to popular demand, we have now added a few new sessions!!
Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This interactive online course is perfect for those seeking a thorough introduction to the world of wines.
Learn about wines through a 5-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 2 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator assigned by the WSET headquarters.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you may take the exam online or in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How wine is made?
- What factors influence wine style?
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology and what it means for the wine in the bottle
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- The key considerations when pairing food and wine
- Online tastings on eight general styles of wine with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples - or buy here)
Course fee: £309 only (£299 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 5 weeks with a minimum of 6 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 5-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date. Note: The online materials are accessible for 1 year from the course start date, not course end date.)
Suggested Study Time: 28 hours in total + revision time
Course Codes / Course Dates (please register at least 5 working days prior to the course start date):
- O2WI2015APP - 22/06 - 26/07/2020 (registration CLOSED)
- O2WI2018APP - 06/07 - 09/08/2020 (registration closed)
- O2WI2019APP - 20/07 - 23/08/2020 (registration closed)
- O2WI2101APP: 10 Aug - 13 Sep 2020 (registration closes on 3 Aug 3pm UK time)
- O2WI2102APP: 7 Sep - 11 Oct 2020 (registration closes on 31 Aug 3pm UK time)
- O2WI2103APP: 28 Sep - 1 Nov 2020 (registration closes on 21 Sept 3pm UK time)
- O2WI2104APP: 19 Oct - 22 Nov 2020 (registration closes on 12 Oct 3pm UK time)
- O2WI2105APP: 9 Nov - 13 Dec 2020 (registration closes on 2 Nov 3pm UK time)
- O2WI2106APP: 16 Nov - 20 Dec 2020 (registration closes on 9 Nov 3pm UK time)
Please make sure that you book before the closing dates stated above. Otherwise, you will be signed up for the next possible option even if your chosen course is still listed on this website.
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your one-on-one exam when you're ready. Your exam may be taken online or in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. The exam will take place on your own under exam conditions. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Attention: Please note that the examination for the qualification "WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits" can no longer be taken. It has now been replaced with the "WSET Level 2 Award in Wines" exam (i.e. without the "Spirits" component).
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to your address) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your Study Pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£20).
Wine Samples: not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste; we can send you a tasting kit with 40 sample-sized wines (20ml each) for an additional 139.90 GBP (UK/international shipping included) - more info here.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "VSF School" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Online Course)
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to you for free if you are living in the UK. For overseas participants, please choose "Click & Collect", we will send you a payment link via PayPal separately for the shipping charge (20 GBP).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org