Learn everything about saké while visiting the UK's first saké brewery!!
Not a wine, a beer or a spirit, saké is a beverage category unto itself. A cherished pour in Japan for over 2500 years, saké is increasingly making its mark across the world, appearing on wine lists, bottle shelves, and in the cocktails of drinks professionals in-the-know.
If you’re looking to expand your beverage knowledge, saké is a smart choice to have under your belt. Enhancing your résumé with a saké qualification is an effective way to stand out from your peers and delight your customers! And of course, you may simply want to learn more about saké for your own enjoyment!
What Will You Learn?
- The main techniques that are used in the production of saké and how they influence style and quality
- The principal and specialty categories of saké
- The saké industry and the commercial importance of saké in the Japanese and export markets
- The principles behind the storage, selection and service of saké
- How to taste saké, and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
Why Learn With VSF?
- This course is ideal for saké professionals or saké enthusiasts
- 37 premium sakés will be tasted as part of the course
- We'll spend Day 2 of the course at Kanpai Sake Brewery & Taproom (the UK's first sake brewery) in South London to see a saké brewery in action! Course delegates will be allowed to climb the ladder that leans against the fermentation vat and check out the moromi (fermentation mash) inside!
- Taught by Marie, international saké judge and VSF's WSET Certified Educator for Sake. Track record for Level 3 Sake: 100% of our students passed with "distinction" or "merit" in May 2019!
- The course fee includes WSET's official study materials, classroom tuition, brewery visit, examination, postage and a two-week online pre-study programme
- Unlimited study support and exercise corrections via email/WhatsApp outside of the classroom
- You'll enjoy an exclusive discount on the sakés presented in class
- 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for our wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- Students passing the exam with “merit”/“distinction” will receive a £15/£25 voucher, respectively, for purchasing saké and/or books at VSF Shop
- Post-exam celebration with the Educator at a saké bar/restaurant and practise your saké tasting skills! (optional)
Please register as soon as possible as candidates are required to complete a two-week online pre-study programme.
IMPORTANT: We recommend you to spend 28 hours of study time outside of the classroom.
Theory Exam: a 1h45min closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and 3 questions requiring short written answers;
Tasting Exam: a blind tasting of two sakés in 30 minutes
Where? Central London (Zone1/2)
When? 18 + 19 + 25 + 26 January 2020 (Sat + Sun + Sat + Sun; 4 full days in total - 33% longer than the official version)
18 Jan 2020 (Sat) 09:00-17:00
19 Jan 2020 (Sun) 09:00-17:00 at Kanpai Sake Brewery & Taproom
(between 20 Jan and 24 Jan: unlimited study support and exercise corrections via email/WhatsApp)
25 Jan 2020 (Sat) 09:00-17:00
26 Jan 2020 (Sun) 10:30-17:00 (including final revision and a 2.5-hour exam)
Post-exam celebration with the Educator at a saké bar/restaurant and practise your saké tasting skills! (optional)
How much? £818 only (£788 per person for two or more persons booking together)
And finally, the fine print…
- You must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old) to attend this course.
- A good level of English is beneficial
Spaces limited. This is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Act now to avoid disappointment. Do spread the word and invite your friends and colleagues to tag along!
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
WSET Level 3 Award in Sake + Kanpai London Brewery Tour (4-Day Weekend Course)
- The price is inclusive of the UK VAT (20%).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (coming soon)
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com