Learn anytime, anywhere. You can even choose your exam date flexibly!!
This interactive online course is perfect for those seeking a thorough introduction to the world of wines and spirits.
Learn about wines and spirits through a 5-week online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Once the booking is confirmed, you will have access to the Online Classroom for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of guided study.
NOTE: The course itself is conducted online, however, you take the exam in person on a date of your choice at our venue in London. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How wine is made?
- What factors influence wine style?
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology and what it means for the wine in the bottle
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- The key considerations when pairing food and wine
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- Online tastings on eight general styles of wine with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
Why Learn With VSF?
- No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English
- Get 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- You'll also enjoy an exclusive discount on the wines/spirits/books/accessories sold on our website (e.g. "Le Nez du Vin" / "Le Nez du Whisky" Master Kit)
- Course fee: £309 only (£299 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Duration: 5 weeks with a minimum of 6 hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course (You are free to complete the modules at your own pace during this 5-week window. You can communicate with your instructor and interact with other course participants only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date)
Suggested Study Time: 28 hours in total + revision time
Course Dates (please register at least 7 days in advance of your chosen course start date):
- Saturday 11/05/2019 – Friday 14/06/2019 (registration closed)
- Saturday 08/06/2019 – Friday 12/07/2019 (registration closed)
- Saturday 06/07/2019 – Friday 09/08/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 12/08/2019 – Sunday 15/09/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 02/09/2019 – Sunday 06/10/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 30/09/2019 – Sunday 03/11/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 21/10/2019 – Sunday 24/11/2019 (registration closed)
- Monday 11/11/2019 – Sunday 15/12/2019
- Monday 18/11/2019 – Sunday 22/12/2019
- Monday 06/01/2020 – Sunday 09/02/2020
- Monday 27/01/2020 – Sunday 01/03/2020
- Monday 17/02/2020 – Sunday 22/03/2020
- Monday 02/03/2020 – Sunday 05/04/2020
- Monday 23/03/2020 – Sunday 26/04/2020
- Monday 13/04/2020 – Sunday 17/05/2020
- Monday 11/05/2020 – Sunday 14/06/2020
- Monday 08/06/2020 – Sunday 12/07/2020
- Monday 22/06/2020 – Sunday 26/07/2020
Exam Date: Flexible. Just book your exam when you're ready. Your exam must be taken in person at our venue in London within 1 year, on a mutually agreeable date after the scheduled course end date. Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance to make arrangements.
Attention: Please note that the online course will be replaced with "WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Online)" from 1 August 2019 on. The examination for the qualification "WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits" can be taken until 30 January 2020 at the latest. Subsequently, it will be replaced with the "WSET Level 2 Award in Wines" exam.
Course Materials: Study pack (posted to your address) + online study materials (weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos)
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£15).
Sign up now, pay later? You may be eligible for PayPal Credit's 0%-interest instalment plans. This service is only available in select countries (including the UK). Please visit your local PayPal website for specific details and application. Once approved, please choose PayPal as your payment method at check-out.
Refund Policy: Unfortunately, for our online courses, no refund is possible once the booking is confirmed.
We also offer this course in the classroom format. Please check out "Learn" > "Wine Courses" for details.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits (Online)
- The price includes the UK VAT (20%).
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack to you for free if you are living in the UK. Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process. We'll send you the materials by post nonetheless.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (coming soon)
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org