Like sushi and sashimi? Take our live-stream + in-person "blended" WSET Level 1 Sake course to learn all the basics about saké and get top tips to pair your favourite dishes (Japanese or not) with the perfect saké!!
WSET Level 1 Award in Sake Online (Live-Stream & Recorded Theory Webinars)
plus an "in-person" tasting, revision & exam session at a later date
with Marie, WSET Certified Sake Educator, Cordon Bleu-trained food & drinks guru, and international wine/spirits/saké judge
3x Saturdays, 9 May, 16 May, 23 May 2020 (registration closed)
- 3x1-hour live-stream & recorded Theory sessions
Saturdays, from 2pm to 3pm (UK Time = GMT+1)
(these live sessions will be recorded for asynchronous learning)
- Tasting, Revision & Exam: at a later date**
- Price: Special introductory offer of £238 for 1 person; £218 per person for 2 or more persons booking together.
What if I can't attend one or more of the theory sessions?
Don't worry. These live-stream sessions are recorded. We can send you the recordings if you can't attend any of the live-stream sessions.
Can I still enrol after the course start date?
Absolutely. For the theory part, we can let you view the recorded sessions if you can't attend a live-stream session. However, for the tasting, revision and exam, you must be present on the designated date, which will be decided later.
What is the WSET Level 1 Award in Sake?
- This is a beginner level introduction to sake for those starting a career in the industry or beginning to explore sake for personal interest.
- There is no prerequisite required.
- It provides a hands-on introduction to the world of sake, and sake and food pairing, teaching you about how sake is made, in a way that explains what you are tasting in the glass.
What will you learn?
- The basic principles of sake production
- The main types and styles of sake
- How to serve sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of sake
- Sake and food pairing
- How to describe sake using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
- Professional certification: upon successful completion of a 30-question multiple-choice exam** you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin
**Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the tasting, revision & WSET examination session will be scheduled at a later date at VSF Wine Education's school campus in London, UK.
What does this online course include?
- PowerPoint slides
- Printed WSET L1 Sake Workbook sent to you after the online sessions
- Full registration for the WSET Level 1 Award in Sake Examination, to be delivered at a later date.
- Suggested list of recommended sake tasting samples to purchase and taste in your own time at home.
- We'll also run a tasting and revision session on the day of the exam with at least 8 premium sakes.
- Link to join our live-streaming (or recorded) theory sessions.
What do I need to be able to join the online classes?
- In order to join the webinars, all you need is a desktop/laptop computer, a solid WiFi connection and a webcam/microphone. It is assumed students have basic computer literacy, Internet navigation skills, and a reasonable standard of written and spoken English.
How do I register?
Online. Simply add this item to the shopping cart, and complete the check-out process.
What is our Cancellation & Refund Policy for this WSET Level 1 Award in Sake Online + In-Person course?
- Please note that, due to the special value of the introductory fee being offered for this course, all course tuition is 100% non-refundable from the time of registration.
- However, payment is transferable to another course with VSF Wine Education. Should you wish to apply your tuition payment as a credit towards a future course for yourself, this must be done prior to the first online session. All transfer requests must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfer requests received after the start of the first online session will not be accepted.
Who do I contact about this course if I need more information?
Please send us an email at email@example.com
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). All study materials will be provided electronically in advance.
"From Zero to Hero" (WSET Levels 1 + 3 Award in Sake): £976 only (save £80; original price: £1,056) for one person, or £926 per person only for 2 or more persons booking together (save £80 per person; original price: £1,006 per person). Please choose the date for your Level 1 course during registration. You may take Level 3 within 15 months (open-dated) after completion of your Level 1 course.
And finally, the fine print...
- You must be of legal drinking age (e.g. 18+ years old in the UK) to attend this course.
- Both the course and the examination will be conducted in English – so a good level of English is beneficial.
- Spaces are limited so act now to avoid disappointment. Do spread the word and invite your friends and colleagues to tag along!
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
WSET Level 1 Award in Sake (Online Theory + In-Person Tasting & Revision)
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, there'll be an additional overseas postage (£10). All study materials will be provided on the day of the course and hence will not be sent by post in advance.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org