[COVID-19 Special Note: We're running the WSET Level 3 Sake course in the half "live-stream", half "in-person" format]
Learn everything about saké and visit the UK's very first saké brewery!
The course will be delivered in a "blended" learning format:
- 10-hour Pre-Study e-Learning (to be completed at your own pace)
- 6x 2-hour webinars (live-streamed and recorded for asynchronous learning)
- 3x Sundays 13, 20 & 27 Sept 2020, 10:00-12:00 & 14:00-16:00
- plus "in-class" lectures and tasting on Sat, 28 Nov, 10:00-18:00
- plus brewery tour, revision, exam on Sun, 29 Nov, 09:00-17:00
The course will be taught by Marie, an international saké judge and VSF's WSET Certified Educator for Sake. Track record for Level 3 Sake: 100% of our students passed with "distinction" or "merit" in 2019! You can interact with the educator during the live sessions, and replay the recordings for revision!
The WSET Level 3 Award in Sake is the highest saké qualification accredited by the UK Government, and is supported by Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries (MAFF) as well as the Sake Samurai Association.
We'll visit Kanpai Sake Brewery & Taproom (the UK's first sake brewery) in South London. You'll see all the equipment and ingredients used in saké production, learn more about the brewing processes, and sample some freshly brewed London-made sakés. Course delegates will even be allowed to climb the ladder that leans against the fermentation vat and check out the fermentation mash inside, in a special programme exclusively designed for our course delegates!
You'll taste sakés hailing from Japan's different regions using different water sources, different rice varieties, different yeast strains and different production methods, so as to have a thorough understanding of the huge array of saké styles and flavour profiles.
Some of the sakés will be brought in from Japan direct and aren't even available in the UK!
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to assess sakés accurately and use this information to make authoritative recommendations.
Why learn with VSF?
- Our course lasts 4 full days, i.e. 33% longer than the official version
- The course fee includes WSET's official study materials, classroom tuition, saké samples, brewery visit, examination, certification, postage** and a two-week online pre-study programme
- We provide unlimited study support & exercise corrections via email/WhatsApp outside of the classroom
- You'll enjoy an exclusive discount (10% off) for the sakés sold at VSF Shop
- You'll be entitled to 1x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for our wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- Students passing the exam with “merit”/“distinction” will receive, respectively, a £15/£25 voucher for purchasing saké and/or books at VSF Shop
- Post-exam celebration with the educator at a saké bar/restaurant and practise your saké tasting skills! (optional)
What will you learn?
- The main techniques that are used in the production of saké and how they influence style and quality
- The principal and specialty categories of saké
- The saké industry and the commercial importance of saké in the Japanese and export markets
- The principles behind the storage, selection and service of saké
- How to taste saké, and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake (SAT)
Where? Online + Kanpai Brewery in South London + Lectures/Revision/Tasting/Exam at a location in Central London (Zone 1/2) - exact location to be determined depending on the number of course delegates
Course Materials: Study Pack (posted to your address in advance)
Limited spaces. This is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Act now to avoid disappointment.
How much? £818 only (£788 per person for two or more persons booking together)
**International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your Study Pack (and, if you pass, your certificate and lapel pin) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£20).
Please register as soon as possible as candidates are required to complete an online pre-study programme.
You must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old) to attend this course.
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
WSET Level 3 Award in Sake (Online + In-Person) & Kanpai Sake Brewery Tour
- We're happy to send the WSET study pack to you for free if you are living in the UK. For overseas participants, please note that we will send you a payment link via PayPal separately for international postage (20 GBP).
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com