[Special Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, all our classroom courses are suspended until further notice. Our ONLINE courses are running as usual]
Like sushi and sashimi? Take our one-day saké course to learn all the basics about saké and get top tips to pair your favourite Japanese dishes with the right saké!!
- Ideal for those pursuing an interest in saké
- No previous experience of sake tasting is necessary to register on this course
- Taught by Marie, our WSET Certified Educator for Sake. Track record for Level 1 Sake: 100% pass rate, with most students getting over 90% and many getting full marks!
- 8 premium sakés will be tasted as part of the course
- The course fee includes WSET's official study materials, tuition, examination and postage
- You'll enjoy an exclusive discount on the sakés presented in class
- Exclusive mirin-making session – roll your sleeves up and make your own mirin (味醂; a sweet cooking condiment similar to saké) to take home!
- 1 x FREE ticket (worth up to £45) for VSF's wine/spirits/saké tasting events
- Students passing the exam will receive a £15 voucher for purchasing saké and/or books at VSF Shop
- Post-exam celebration with the Educator at a saké bar/restaurant and practise your saké tasting skills! (optional)
Where? Central London (Zone 1/2)
The classroom version is suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be notified once we are back to normal; alternatively, we are running the course remotely via video-conferencing - visit this page instead.
(including an exam comprising 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes)
Optional: post-exam drinks & dinner at a saké bar/restaurant with our Educator
How much? £238 only (£218 per person for two or more persons booking together)
Course Materials: All study materials will be provided on the day of the course.
International Shipping: The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). All study materials will be provided on the day of the course and hence will not be sent by post in advance.
"From Zero to Hero" (WSET Levels 1 + 3 Award in Sake): £976 only (save £80; original price: £1,056) for one person, or £926 per person only for 2 or more persons booking together (save £80 per person; original price: £1,006 per person). Please choose the date for your Level 1 course during registration. You may take Level 3 within 15 months (open-dated) after completion of your Level 1 course.
And finally, the fine print...
- You must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old) to attend this course
- Both the course and the examination will be conducted in English – so a good level of English is beneficial
- Act now to avoid disappointment. Do spread the word and invite your friends and colleagues to tag along!
Sign up now, pay later? Please discuss with us if you would like to pay in installments.
WSET Level 1 Award in Sake + Mirin-Making Session (1-Day Weekend Course)
- The course fee includes FREE shipping of your certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the exam) to a UK address. If you are living abroad, we'll send you a separate payment link via PayPal for overseas postage (£10). All study materials will be provided on the day of the course and hence will not be sent by post in advance.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional (ISP)
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com