NOTE: This package includes all the online courses, assignments and exams for you to obtain the UK Government-recognised SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service. It is also possible to take the modules separately without the exams.
NEW - Government Subsidy: If you are over the age of 19, based in England*, have been residing in the UK for at least 3 years, and hold a valid UK National Insurance (NI) number, then you may be eligible for a free space on this course, fully funded by the Government of England, regardless of your nationality.
Please register your interest at email@example.com with your Full Name, Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY), Address (Postcode Only), Email Address and Mobile Phone Number. A member of staff will then contact you to check your eligibility and get you enrolled. Please be assured that your information will be solely used for this application.
*We regret that we cannot offer free course spaces to those who reside in the following parts of England: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, North of Tyne, Sheffield, Tees Valley, West Midlands.
If you don't fulfill the criteria, don't worry, you are still welcome to take the course as a paying student.
What's this certificate about?
The SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service (RQF) is designed for learners employed or wishing to work in hospitality roles such as bar staff/managers, conference and banqueting assistants/managers or waiters/waitresses looking for a formal qualification to help them in their hospitality career.
What will you learn?
- Principles of Wine Sources and Production (6 credits; RQF Ref.: A/507/9767)
- an understanding of wine regions, colours, styles, grape varieties and manufacturing processes
- Principles of Wine Service (6 credits; RQF Ref.: F/508/1049)
- an understanding of the principles of correct wine service, identifying the care of wine, glassware, different types of wine service and the matching of wine to food.
- Principles of Providing Service to Customers in the Wine Industry (7 credits; RQF Ref.: A/615/4431)
- an understanding of the principles of customer care (how to sell and serve with confidence, and the soft skills required to drive the customer experience) and the legal and ethical issues regarding the service of wine
Why take this course with VSF?
- Flexibility: The entire course (including the exams) is to be completed 100% online - anytime, anywhere, with no time limit and unlimited attempts until you successfully pass all the exams. There is no fixed course start date!
- Fun Yet Professional: This is a gamified online course with interactive texts and videos
- Recognition: This Level 2 qualification under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) is recognised and regulated by the UK Government's Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)
- Career Progression: You can evidence your competency to your (future) employers and further your personal and professional development - ideal for those working or wishing to work in the hospitality industry
- Exclusive Offer: You will enjoy an exclusive discount on the wine/spirits/books/accessories sold by VSF Wine Education for you to sharpen your wine service skills
- Course Fee: £199 only (£189 per person for two or more persons booking together) (all inclusive) including online teaching, assignments, examination fees and certification fees
Learners achieving this qualification could progress to:
- WSET Level 1/2 in Spirits
- WSET Level 1/2/3 in Wines
- WSET Level 1/3 in Sake
IMPORTANT: No previous experience of wine tasting or wine knowledge is necessary to register on this course. However, you must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old).
Sign up now, pay later? If you would like to pay in installments, please feel free to discuss with us.
SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service (RQF) (3 Online Courses + Exams)
Note: Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
- SSA Introductory Sake Professional Course
For enquiries, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org