Principles of Wine Sources and Production (6 credits; RQF Ref.: A/507/9767) - this online course will introduce you to the different wine regions, colours, styles, grape varieties and manufacturing processes.
This course is designed for learners employed or wishing to work in hospitality roles such as bar staff/managers, conference and banqueting assistants/managers or waiters/waitresses looking for a formal qualification to help them in their hospitality career.
If you have successfully completed this online course as well as the courses "Principles of Wine Service" and "Principles of Providing Service to Customers in the Wine Industry", then you will be eligible to sit the exams for the SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service (RQF).
You may also consider our package which includes all 3 courses and the corresponding exams.
However, it is definitely fine to take this course alone, without sitting the exams for the SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service (RQF), to learn about wine through the interactive texts and videos!
Why Take This Course with VSF?
- Flexibility: The course is to be completed 100% online - anytime, anywhere, with no time limit - There is no fixed course start date!
- Fun Yet Professional: This is a gamified online course with interactive texts and videos
- Recognition: You'll be eligible to sit the exam for the SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service (RQF) - this Level 2 qualification under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) is recognised and regulated by the UK Government's Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)
- Career Progression: You can evidence your competency to your (future) employers and further your personal and professional development - ideal for those working or wishing to work in the hospitality industry
- Exclusive Offer: You will enjoy an exclusive discount on the wine/spirits/books/accessories sold by VSF Wine Education for you to sharpen your wine service skills
- Course Fee: £30 only
Learners achieving this qualification could progress to:
- WSET Level 1/2 in Spirits
- WSET Level 2 in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 3 in Wines
- WSET Level 1/3 in Sake
IMPORTANT: No previous experience of wine tasting or wine knowledge is necessary to register on this course. However, you must be of legal drinking age (18+ years old).
Sign up now, pay later? If you would like to pay in installments, please feel free to discuss with us.
SkillsFirst "Principles of Wine Sources and Production" (Online Course)
Note: Please choose "Click & Collect" to avoid the addition of any shipping fee during the check-out process.
VSF Wine Education is proud to run the following courses:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (coming soon)
- SkillsFirst Level 2 Certificate in Wine Service
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake
For enquiries, please send us an email: email@example.com