Le Nez du Whisky scents are ideal for students studying whisky-related courses, or anyone with a keen interest in understanding whisky aromas. The scents are guaranteed to last at least 5 years, and can last 10 years if kept in good conditions.
The Master Kit contains 54 aromas, an aroma wheel and a guide-book with writings of renowned specialists and superb illustrations that will take you on an exploration of whiskies from Scotland and other parts of the world.
Why Le Nez du Whisky?
1. To train and enrich your olfactory memory
The sense of smell constitutes the most important sense in the perception of whisky. But it is often difficult to identify an aroma in your glass of whisky. Have you already encountered the feeling that you know a smell without being able to recognise it? Nothing is more normal! In the same way that we learned to read, write, or count, smelling also requires training.
2. To better analyze the whisky that you taste
But “What use is that?” First of all, recognising aromas enriches your tasting vocabulary. Being able to attach a word to your impressions increases your tasting pleasure and allows you to share your ideas with others. Then, the aromas of a whisky inform us about its geographic origin and the different steps in its creation: malting, fermentation, distillation and aging in casks.
The Master Kit includes:
- 54 superb quality aromas, set in a sophisticated black case, that come to life in your scent memory for you to recognize in fine whiskies: Floral notes: 1 blackcurrant bud, 2 geranium, 3 honey, 4 rose, 5 tobacco leaf, 6 hay, 7 green grass. Fruity notes: 8 pineapple, 9 cherry, 10 peach, 11 pear, 12 apple, 13 lemon, 14 mandarin, 15 orange, 16 pomelo, 17 dried fig, 18 walnut, 19 prune. Woodsy notes: 20 oak, 21 resinous, 22 sherry, 23 toasted almond, 24 toasted hazelnut, 25 coconut, 26 caramel, 27 chocolate, 28 custard, 29 vanilla, 30 anise, 31 cinnamon, 32 ginger, 33 herbs, 34 mint, 35 nutmeg, 36 allspice, 37 black pepper, 38 liquorice, 39 earthy. Various notes: 40 biscuit, 41 coffee, 42 toast, 43 malt, 44 butter, 45 leather, 46 broiled meat. Phenolic notes: 47 smoky note, 48 peat, 49 seaweed, 50 seashell, 51 medicinal, 52 rubber, 53 tar, 54 sulfur.
- An aroma wheel
- A guide-book that will take you on an exploration of whiskies from Scotland and other parts of the world, with superb illustrations and writings of renowned specialists such as Scotsman Charles MacLean and French writer and journalist specialised in gastronomy and spirits, Martine Nouet
(Available in English / French)
Le Nez du Whisky - Master Kit - 54 Whisky Aromas
- The price includes the UK VAT (20%).
- The Master Kit comes in an elegant box
- Size: 31.5 cm x 21 cm x 8 cm
- Weight: 3.7 kg (8 lbs)
- 100% handmade in France
- 5 years guarantee provided by the producer; the scents can last 10 years if kept in good conditions